Faculty Librarian FCES
Currently working from home
BA (Hons) Humanities with Art History (Open University)
MA Library and Information Management
Level 3 Award in First Line Management
Sharon began her career in 1994 as a library assistant at Coleg Morgannwg. She was promoted to the post of library manager of Glamorgan Centre for Art & Design (GCADT) in 1999. In 2009 she began working for the University of Glamorgan, firstly at the Treforest campus and then at the Cardiff campus (Creative and Cultural Industries). Sharon now works across Treforest, Glyntaff and Newport campuses as the Faculty Librarian for the Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science (FCES).
- To act as main point of contact with academic staff, students and researchers in the areas of Construction and Surveying, Computing, Electronics, Engineering, Applied Science.
- To provide education and guidance in using and finding information to groups of students, researchers and staff in the subject areas of Construction and Surveying, Computing, Electronics, Engineering, Applied Science.
- To provide one-to-one subject enquiry support by appointment.
- To develop the print and digital collections of information resources in liaison with academic staff in the subject areas of Construction and Surveying, Computing, Electronics, Engineering, Applied Science and manage the information resources budgets in these subject areas.
- To create learning materials and guides to assist users in using library resources.
- To work with other members of Learning Services and other departments in the University on specific projects.
- To represent the Library Service at various academic committees and meetings.
Fellow of the HEA (Higher Education Academy)