Our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our staff and students. We have worked closely with colleagues from Estates and Health and Safety to put essential safety measures into place.
- Throughout each day we'll be frequently cleaning high-use areas, such as door handles.
- One-way systems and other social distancing measures will be in place throughout each library.
- Hand sanitiser units at entrances and throughout the building.
- Areas with printers, PCs and study spaces have antibacterial wipes to clean them before and after use.
- Returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours. Note: This will lead to a delay in books being removed from your library account.
- Toilets are open with social distancing measures in place.
- A limited amount of bookable study spaces are available - please do not move the furniture.
- Staff will be available in the library to help.
- For more information visit – USW On-site Safety Measures.
Please follow these safety guidelines when using the Library
- Please wear a mask when visiting the library.
- Sanitize your hands when you enter the library.
- Social Distancing - please respect the 2m rule.
- Follow the one-way system.
- The lifts are open - only 1 person can use it at a time.
- Do not move the furniture. It has been placed and labelled to ensure social distancing.
- Wipe down any equipment you use.
- Cold food and drink can be consumed in the library. Please do not bring in hot food.
- If you feel unwell stay at home.
If you have any concerns or questions that are not answered here please contact us.