Accessing Talis Aspire
The starting point for accessing Talis Aspire is via the Library list link.
You can include all the resources you want your students to use in an online reading list. Lists can be created quickly and easily and can be updated any time throughout the year. Students can access their reading lists from within their Blackboard modules.
Library staff can also create reading lists on your behalf. Contact your Faculty Librarian for information.
There are a number of benefits to creating your reading lists online:
- seamless access to resources – links to live Library Catalogue records so students can see if an item is available or not, links to individual full-text e-journal articles, e-books, links to websites and much more with all resources viewable in one place.
- a range of material – we can advise on the full range of resources and delivery methods available, including exploiting e-journals and making use of scanned digitised chapters of books or journal articles from UK publishers.
- resource checking – we can investigate the current availability of material, source additional material, suggest alternatives and ensure that links are up to date and valid.
- consistent description – all references will be displayed in a standardised format and you can annotate your lists to direct students to particular pages or important information.
- efficient updating – once a list has been created it will be very easy to update it either annually or mid-year.
CELT has lots of information about using Blackboard.
The Library has also created a Youtube playlist to help you to create and edit your own reading lists.
If you would like to make your reading list available online please contact your Faculty Librarian.